NETWORK : Firewall Firmware Maintenance
September 14th, 2021 5:30am – 7am
REASON FOR IMPACT:
To ensure a secure, reliable computing environment TS will be completing routine updates on our security appliances (Firewalls).
· Both of our firewalls require firmware updates.
· Internet services and external access will be intermittent for short periods of time (approximately 2-5 minutes at a time) during the maintenance window.
· External access to services such as VPN (Global Protect), vDesk access, university hosted websites and university resources will be intermittent for short periods.
· Internal on-campus services such as phones, the data network and access to university resources will not be affected on campus
· Thank you for your patience as we conduct this important work.
· For more information on Technology Services’ Incident Communication Plan or to view a list of our Critical Systems and definitions, please visit our Service Announcements site.
For support questions please contact the TS Service Desk via phone at 253-879-8585.