[Updated 1:00 PM] Service has been restored and stable for the past two hours. If you do experience any issues accessing the website, Moodle, printing in I-Commons, or any other service, please contact the Technology Service Desk at 253.879.8585 or email@example.com. Thank you!
A server issue is affecting multiple services, including the university website, Moodle, and printing in the Library’s I-Commons area. We are working as quickly as possible to restore full service. Thank you for your patience!
Wireless service was temporarily disrupted in multiple locations on campus this morning. Service has been restored. If you experience any issues, please contact the Technology Service Desk at 253.879.8585 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Cascade Release 11.4 was installed on April 13, 2011. This release included the following features and fixes:
- Kronos timekeeping for staff
- Faculty and staff conversion to semi-monthly payroll
- Change mechanism for releasing pre-matriculation functions (Advising, Math Placement) to coming students (EM-5, EM-6, EM-7)
- Foundation for sending Cascade updates to Enrollment Manager (EM-30, EM-31)
Release 11.3 was installed on March 9, 2011. This release included the following features and fixes:
- Conform Degree Progress Report to Upper Division graduation requirement (CAS-36)
- Create per-class limit on students who can register as Pass/Fail (CAS-147)
- Include graduate programs in admitted student online deposit process (CAS-156)
- Class rank report fix (CAS-172)
- Exclude graduating seniors from housing lottery (CAS-174)
- Change online deposits to new Admission API (EM-14)
- Add award info to merit scholarship letter merge file (EM-26)
- Financial Aid yearly packaging changes for graduate programs
Update at 11:30 am 3/27/2011: All maintenance complete.
The next production maintenance window is Sunday, April 24th, from 8:00 am to noon.
On Sunday March 27th from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM the following production servers may be intermittently unavailable due to maintenance:
Cascade, Banner, Bosscops, Bosscars, Surveys, Apex, Kronos, Sharepoint, Food Services Suite, and possibly XenApps.
On Thursday March 17th from 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM the following servers may be unavailable due to maintenance:
These servers will be rebooted. These reboots are to resolve a NETBIOS name resolution issue. Services to these servers will be immediately restored after system reboot.
[Updated 10:51 AM] Service has been restored, and voicemail is now available. If you experience any further issues, please contact Telephone Services at email@example.com.
The university’s voicemail system is currently unavailable. We are working to restore service as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience!
[Updated 3/11/11 4:30 AM] Maintenance has been completed and telephone service has been restored.
The university’s telephone system will be disabled at 5:00 AM on Friday, March 11, in order to conduct routine maintenance. Service will be restored by 5:30 AM. We appreciate your patience as we perform this work. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Telephone Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginning at 6:50 AM, the university’s web servers went down, and the university’s website, listservs, and Moodle learning management system became unavailable. All services have now been restored.
We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience. If you experience any further issues, please contact the Technology Service Desk at 253.879.8585 or email@example.com.
A marked increase in spam activity has impacted Puget Sound’s e-mail system today. Members of the campus community may experience slow delivery of messages sent from a Puget Sound account to other e-mail systems such as Comcast, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.
We are working to restore normal service levels as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience!