The restart is complete, no issues. 05:50am
The wireless system will be restarted at 5:30am on 9/16/2010. All wireless connectivity will be interupted during the restart. All access points will restart 3 times before they complete the process. The wireless system will be returned to fully operational by 6:00am.
Cascade Release 10.10 was installed on October 13, 2010. This release included the following features and fixes:
- Fix Meal Plan Load For Student Faculty (tracker CAS-134)
- Expand First Name on Reimbursement Oracle Form (tracker CAS-135)
- Fix Refund Amount Display on Refund Approval (tracker CAS-67)
- Modify Load Budget Equal to Actual to Exclude Certain Orgn Codes (tracker CAS-117)
- Fix FOAPAL Search Menu From Budget Administration (tracker CAS-98)
- Create Emergency Response Class Location Report (tracker CAS-37)
- Fix Capitalization on Student Statements (CAS-130)
- WA State Annual Unit Record Support (CAS-131)
Update on 9/14 at 6:00 AM: Blackboard was restarted at 5:30 AM, it was fully functional again by 6 AM.
The Blackboard server (http://blackboard.ups.edu) will be rebooted on Tuesday 9/14 at 5:30 AM. This reboot is required to refresh network infrastructure changes in the blackboard application; specifically mail server information.
Update at 12:30 PM: All services are now back online. It took a little longer than expected, but only a few services were down after noon.
The next production maintenance window is Sunday, September 26th, from 8:00 AM to Noon.
From 8:00 AM to Noon, all services may be intermittently or entirely unavailable, including:
- Personal and departmental file shares (on Alexandria and Merlin2)
- Database Applications: Cascade, FAMIS, Millennium, and Banner
- Web services such as www.pugetsound.edu, cs.pugetsound.edu, and Moodle
Updated 6/19/2010 @ 10:08 AM: All services were back online as of 9:45 AM.
Updated 9/16/2010 @ 8:56 AM: All services are back online with the exception of bjp and banner job submission in dev/test. We expect these services to be online at approximately 10 AM.
On Thursday September 16th from 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM the following pre-production servers may be unavailable due to maintenance:
bjp for ridge and summit
Clean address for ridge and summit
OAS on hope and deactur
Oracle Forms on Fidalgo
Memory in the virtual machine mysql.pugetsound.edu will be upgraded from 768MB to 2GB at 5:30 am on Wednesday September 8th. This increase is needed in order to cache the increasing amount of database transactions running through this system.
The system will be offline briefly, between 5:30 and 5:35am.
mysql was back online by 5:35am without incident.