This is an announcement from Technology Services (TS). Please see details below.
NETWORK : Firewall Firmware Maintenance
July 11th, 2021 6am – 7am
REASON FOR IMPACT:
To ensure a secure, reliable computing environment TS will be completing routine updates on our security appliances (Firewalls).
· This was previously scheduled for July 4th
· Both firewalls require a firmware update.
· Internet services and external access will be intermittent for short periods of time (less than 1-2 minutes) during the maintenance window.
· External services such as VPN (Global Protect), vDesk access, university websites and resources will also be intermittent for short periods.
· Internal services such as phones, the data network and access to university resources will not be affected on campus
· Thank you for your patience as we conduct this important work.
· For more information on Technology Services’ Incident Communication Plan or to view a list of our Critical Systems and definitions, please visit our Service Announcements site.
For support questions please contact the TS Service Desk via phone at 253-879-8585.