The wonderful folks at Career and Employment Services have sent a job posting our way, so I’m sending straight to you economics seniors. It is a research analyst position at ECONorthwest in Seattle. The link just above will take you to the posting on LoggerJobs, so if you are finishing up that Econ degree in May, and interested in consulting work in the PNW, check it out!
ECONorthwest, the largest economics consulting firm headquartered in the Pacific Northwest, has an immediate opening for one or two full-time research analysts. Research analysts support project managers performing economic analyses on a variety of topics. Technical analysis will include: research, data collection and analysis, mapping and spatial analysis, and report writing.
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, mathematics, computer science, planning, public policy or a related field
• Dependable, organized, and detail-oriented
• Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications
• Intellectual curiosity and critical thinking
• Experience using quantitative and statistical methods
• Knowledge of and ability to appropriately apply principles of research, to include library research, interviews, survey design, documentation and analysis of data, documentation of analysis, understanding and application of relevant theory, use of database and spreadsheet software
Worried you may not have the experience they are seeking? Check out the posting anyway!
ECONorthwest encourages candidates who do not have the desired qualifications but are eager and able to learn new skills to apply. We expect to hire two people from this applicant pool, and understand that no one individual is likely to have all of the desired qualifications on his or her resume.