COMPLETED: The process has successfully deleted 42,000 users in KACE and we now show only 12,800 users in the system.
EDIT: The process will take approximately 8 1/2 hours to complete, so we are moving the time to 4:30pm in case there is any slow down to the system while the deletion processes.
I have a query that will clean up 42,000 external email addresses that are in the KACE database and will be running that query at 2:30pm tomorrow (7/27). I do not anticipate any issues, but the query may make KACE slow for a little while as it processes the deletions from the database.
Some of the SharePoint services failed to start after Production Patch Maintenance on Sunday. I will be rebooting the server at 9pm on 7/18 to resolve this issue.
Soundnet server rebooted successfully and services have started up.
We have updated the SSL certificate for webmail.pugetsound.edu on both client access servers and verified that the webpage loads in IE, Chrome, and Firefox with the correct certificate.
If an issue is encountered, please contact the Technology Service Desk at 253.879.8585 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have successfully switched over our webmail site to the new theme for Exchange 2013. People may have experienced service interruptions during the hours of 8-10:30 a.m.
Mobile devices may need to be reconfigured manually. Please contact the service desk if you need any assistance.
12/21 – Odyssey database purge
12/22 – Micros version Upgrade 0530
1/4 – Odyssey version Upgrade TBD
I have upgraded all the servers running Commvault to Service Pack 3.
Here is the timetable of updates:
Wed 2/20 – I updated Galaxy with 7.0 and SP2. Rebooted Galaxy
Thu 2/21 – I updated Alexandria, BE1, BE2, Crystal, Rainier with 7.0
– installed SP2 and updates on Alexandria, BE1, and BE2
Mon 2/25 – I started to install 7.0 on the iDataAgents and to push SP2 and post updates to the client computers. I rebooted Kronos and MSproject to finish their upgrades. I updated Crystal and Rainier with SP2 and post updates. The post updates broke the Online Full backups on Rainier. Crystal did not properly install SP2 so it did not get the broken updates post SP2.
Tue 2/26 – Worked with Commvault on the issue and stopped the Online Full backups for Rainier until the problem is resolved.
Wed 2/27 – Updated Galaxy with post SP2 updates. Uninstalled updates to Rainier and Crystal and reinstalled SP2 only from the disk. Tested the Online Fulls and reenabled the schedules for those backups. Continued to upgrade and update iDataAgents.
Thu 2/28 – Installed 7.0 Base on Shasta
Alexandria crashed at 12:50 AM, 7:10 AM, 8:45 AM, 8:55 AM, 12:10 PM, 12:20 PM, 3:15 PM, 7:45 PM, and 10 PM
Alexandria crashed at 4:15pm. Switched to the second network card and brought it back up at 4:30pm
At 10:45 PM Alexandria crashed. It came back up a few minutes later.
Alexandria locked up at 1:10 PM. Rebooted the server and it came back up.
I have recorded Alexandria crashes at:
11 AM on Monday 10/22
11:50 AM on Tuesday 10/23
4:25 PM on Tuesday 10/23
1:15 PM on Wednesday 10/24