When You Give a Kid a Camera…

And you thought this blog was going to be entirely about ASUPS? Well, I guess I gave you ample reason to believe that—but fear not! There are plenty (errr…at least a few) other things in my life worth posting on a blog for the entire world to read about. Such as Kids Can Do!

Look how safe I am, two hands on the wheel...

I’ve been a part of Kids Can Do since the beginning of this year, and it has been one of the more rewarding experiences I’ve had at Puget Sound. It is a mentoring program sponsored by CIAC (Community Involvement & Action Center) that pairs current students with kids around the greater Tacoma area. Basically, I get to hang out with this awesome 8-year-old (his birthday was two months ago, and I may or may not have attended his party) once a week.

I guess he was hungry.

While there are some deep conversations and life-changing moments for both of us, it usually is just us spending a few hours each weekend finding fun activities to do. Almost every time I walk away with new energy and optimism—which is good, since I usually have to spend the rest of the day doing homework.

Hide and Go Seek, anyone?

Anyways, since you’re probably tired of reading about it, how about some visuals? I can honestly say that I didn’t take any of these–they were all courtesy of an 8-year-old with an incredible knack for capturing truly-scintillating moments (such as the one below of Brendan Witt, for some reason looking away from the field).

His first Lacrosse game!

(I’m not going to post his name and/or any pictures of him, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy photos that he took!)

No clue what this was...

(Hope you enjoyed this week’s post!)

Until next time,
Marcus

This entry was posted in Marcus Luther '12. Bookmark the permalink.