Spring is almost upon us

Or so I thought until I woke up this morning to this:

It’s not a lot of snow, but it was enough to stick. It’s interesting though, because even then it was bright and sunny.

I can’t believe that it’s almost spring break! I’m thatmuch closer to graduation. It’s surreal. (And yes, that was an intentional lack of a space between words). So, what have I been up to?

I finally managed to get myself to the Career and Employment Services office to get my resume looked at. It looks amazing and full now!

I also went snowboarding with Hui O Hawaii (the Hawaii club on campus). It was a lot of fun, and I didn’t even fall too many times. Though, I did fall into a good foot or so of fresh powder that got all up in my clothes, but at least it was a soft landing even if I had to dig myself out. I even managed to get off the lift without falling a couple of times. Progress.

Tiana Fernandez getting ready to head down the slopes

I’ve managed to improve my bowling skills during bowling class (at Chalet Bowl, just a few blocks from campus) and bring my average up to over a hundred! If you knew my scores before, it is such a big improvement. Let’s just say if my bowling score then were my golf score, it would be awesome.

*Edit: I had bowling class after I posted this, and I didn’t break a hundred. I think I jinxed myself.

I think I’ve been watching a lot of tv. I love that we have cable included with housing now.

I have also found some good places to study other than my room, and it only took me 4 years! I usually have no problem studying in my room, but it was nice to get out and study. For all you prospys, I’ll give you the heads up. It’s pretty obvious, but the library is an awesome place to study. Another is the biology resource room. The chairs are way more comfortable in the bio resource room than other chairs in Thompson and Harned.

The best thing I’ve done so far this semester is finish my first draft of my thesis. I’m actually really proud of it now, though I know I’ll be improving it before handing in the final submission in April.

Almost there!

This entry was posted in Corrie Wong '12. Bookmark the permalink.