Keeping motivated for Midterms!

Hey everyone! I hope the new year and semester are treating you all well so far. For me this semester is already flying by, I can’t believe we only have 12 more days before Spring Break!! Of course we all know too well what Spring Break means… MIDTERMS… The good thing about this year is that most of my midterms are before Spring Break which is a huge relief since my roommates and I are headed down the coast to soak up some sun, which I promise to report back about with lots of pictures. But before I get sidetracked daydreaming about soaking up some much needed Vitamin D, let’s get back to this new semester. As far as classes go I’m taking a mix of different subjects which include Physics, Neuropsychology, Cell Biology, and Science and Gender. So far classes are going well and I’m really enjoying all of my professors and the class material. But it’s also that point in the semester where my motivation level continues to go downhill as Spring Break approaches. It seems that I’ve been spending more and more time on Pinterest and Netflix , but I have a plan to bring back my motivation and get me through to Spring Break…enter my Motivation Tips list!
Little Motivation Tips:
• My fab new collection of colored pens to coordinate my planner, my notes, and basically my life!
• The knowledge that we only have to survive 12 more days of classes before we have an entire week to ourselves!
• Making a list of things to do and crossing them out one by one even if some of them include sleep and charge phone (you can’t deny how great it feels to cross off things from a list!)
• Giving yourself mini rewards for completing assignments and other things like cooking or going out for an amazing dinner with your friends or having a girls/guys night
• Thinking about how fortunate we really are to be getting such a great education even if it means writing a 15 page midterm… hey there are some people who would kill to be in our position
Hopefully this list or one that you made helps give you that last kick in the butt to push you through until break! Happy Wednesday and I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!!

This entry was posted in Laurisa Rodrigues '13. Bookmark the permalink.