The Magic of Daily Life

Last week we had sun! Incredible! One of my prospective students once asked if the campus was beautiful enough that people lounge around on the grass when it isn’t raining. They do indeed.

Morgan!

Morgan doing some work outside on a sunny day.

North Quad!

A beautiful day outside my window. On the right you can see the circus club practicing tight-rope walking.

Then again, it only lasted a few days….

This week for my geology lab we went down to the Sound and looked at layering in the rock. My Professor took us on an adventure around the water where we looked at the composition of the rock, the erosion on the cliff faces, etc. It was really awesome to be out in the field for our lab again and it was great being able to see everything firsthand. When we were walking around our Professor started telling us about how he is mapping the Cascade mountains with his spare time. Which is pretty cool.

In other news, a few weeks ago my roommate and I wanted to shuffle around our room when we had the idea: bunk beds! So after a while of just talking about it we finally did it! We’re still moving stuff around and having fun with that, but either way we now have even more space to spread out in. So much, in fact, that we had a dance party. Just the two of us, though. We’re that exclusive/awesome. It’s really weird having to climb so high to get in to bed, but it still pretty cool.

New room!

I now know how difficult it is to take a picture of an entire room. It is very difficult.

It’s also April, which means one thing: prospective students! My month kicked off strong with news that two of my friends from high school have decided to come here next year! The first I will introduce in the following way: “as long as we’re talking about incoming freshman, that Kyle Dybdal is a real champ.” His name is Kyle and he is great. And is now a part of the University of Puget Sound class of 2015. Also, my friend Lev from Nebraska is transferring here! Yayyy. I have to believe they didn’t choose to come here because of pressure on my part, but either way I’m really pumped.

So basically, good start to the month. Even though I haven’t been frequent enough with these posts, I’ll hopefully be better with that in the coming weeks. Happy April!

About ifox

English major (with a sub-focus in Writing, Rhetoric, and Culture) and Politics & Government and Religion minors. I'm President of Safe Men, co-President of Hillel, and an Interfaith Coordinator. I'm a fan of books and the Batman, and I enjoy long walks on the beach, satin sheets, and Belgian chocolates.
This entry was posted in Ian Fox '14. Bookmark the permalink.