Mid-Terms, PSO Style

Mid-terms are upon us. And you can tell.
The campus is quieter than usual; people dragging themselves from class to class (or running if they slept too late).
But somehow I’ve kept my sanity.
Last Friday night the Hillel organization had a Shabbat dinner, complete with challah, cougel and brisket. 24 people showed up for services and dinner, which was fantastic. Great way to start off the weekend; and when I say start off, I mean that when we were done with the cooking and we had cleaned up, THAT was the good start of my weekend.
On Saturday I went on a hike with Puget Sound Outdoors. We went hiking somewhere in the foothills of the Cascade mountains. My friend Sohan and I had a jolly good time.

It was absolutely incredible to be back in the mountains (I hadn’t been hiking since Passages). It really helped take away some stress, which should be a given ,since it’s a hike in the mountains. We even got some sun! When we were at a look-out point playing a game of Ninja the sun came out and gave us some Light, Sunshine and vitamin D! It was quite the joyous event. However much I love rain, it’s still nice to get sun once in a while….

The Puget Sound group hanging out at a look out.

Sunday I had an in-house retreat for the Spirituality Service and Social Justice office. We have some cool events coming up (March 28 in the Rotunda?) and it seems like the upcoming years are going to be increasingly busy and hopefully more diverse, in terms of backgrounds and events.

Back to mid-terms, Monday I had Philosophy and International Relations papers due, and a Geology test Wednesday. It’s finally over!
The campus seems almost more upbeat now — whether it’s because I’m a better mood or because people are done with mid-terms is up to interpretation. I vote for the latter.

Anyway, I wish everyone the best of luck with mid-terms and safe travels home!
I’ll be on campus for spring break, doing the Alternative Spring Break program in Tacoma, volunteering and whatnot, but you’ll here more about it next week.

Ian

About ifox

English major (with a sub-focus in Writing, Rhetoric, and Culture) and Politics & Government and Religion minors. I'm President of Safe Men, co-President of Hillel, and an Interfaith Coordinator. I'm a fan of books and the Batman, and I enjoy long walks on the beach, satin sheets, and Belgian chocolates.
This entry was posted in Ian Fox '14. Bookmark the permalink.