Where Did The Semester Go?

As I write the date on the top of my notes and other assignments, I continuously can’t believe that it’s already December! I think that spending a semester abroad kind of threw off my perception of time… It’s almost like 5 months of the year just didn’t happen, and *poof* all of a sudden, 12 months have passed and it’s time for 2011.

With the end of the year, though, comes lots of papers, exams, projects, and stress. Right now, I’m studying for my Human Physiology exam tomorrow morning, and then I have a brief hiatus until classes are over on Wednesday. Reading Period (a time without classes or exams) is a nice respite, but I have a big paper due the Monday of finals week, so I will be working on that. Then just one final exam (for Biochemistry) on Friday the 17th, and then I’m done for the semester. Crazy, isn’t it?

Thanksgiving Break was a great time. It was nice to relax at home and see old friends from high school. One of the highlights is always a dinner that we have with some of my mom’s old friends and their families. This year was particularly fun, though, because one of my mom’s friend’s daughters is also going to Puget Sound, and she brought one of her friends home for Thanksgiving… so, there were THREE Loggers at dinner! Here are all the kids… Can you guess which ones are me, Emily, and Jason?

In the post-college world, I’m starting to pursue other opportunities while also getting my act together to apply for dental school this summer (which also means taking the DAT next spring). Everything from other teaching mentorships to a position with my sorority (Gamma Phi Beta) to research with the NIH. There are so many opportunities… I just hope I can find the right one! My Winter Break will be full of research and applications!

Back to the Physiology studying… I have to learn everything there is to know about the respiratory, cardiac, and endocrine systems in the next few hours. Wish me luck!

This entry was posted in 2010-11, Alayna Schoblaske '11. Bookmark the permalink.