Time of the Season

I bought a grey crew-neck sweatshirt at Goodwill this week featuring Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. He stares into a pool of water while a caption floats above his head informing observers that “rainy days are a time for reflection.”

Good thesis, Eeyore; straight to the heart of the argument. However, I would hope that people would not think that rainy days are only a time for reflection, you might miss out on something amazing! Like puddle-jumping! I guess puddle-jumping can be reflective…or at least cathartic.

I appreciate the different ways in which people respond differently to the rain falling in Tacoma. People may experience dread for the winter ahead, a desire to dance outside, a bout of personal reading, or maybe just the urge to cuddle. I especially like it when some people don neon clothing in an attempt to brighten the day for those around them.

I plan on sporting my new sweatshirt as I *reflect* on Eeyore’s sentiment. Perhaps as I flush out the ideas in my head I will share them with the rest of you.

Love, always love.

~Kyle

This entry was posted in Kyle Sleeper '12 and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.