Too Little Time

Hello internet world! Sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys about my “life”, or whatever. I never know what to write about until I realize that a ton has happened. Which takes a while, apparently…
This month has been crazzzyyyyy. Between homework, work and admitted student days, it will go down as the second busiest (only to December).
Admitted students days were pretty good. Overall, my roommate, Brian, and I had seven or eight prospective students on those days alone. We were able to take one group to a lecture in Kilworth Chapel by Christian Lander, who wrote the popular blog “Stuff White People Like.” It was surprisingly great. He spoke for about half an hour about the story of the blog and his road to fame and stardom, as well as well as talking about some racial issues, such as race and class (and how they are basically synonymous).
Back on topic, though, the year is wrapping up, unfortunately. This last week has been weird, realizing that my senior friends are leaving. It particularly hit home when we had elections for the Hillil/Jewish Student Organization. My friend, Jay, was no longer President after that moment. His last event was Passover. So bizarre to think about…
Passover! Last week was passover! For the first night, we had a sedar in the Rotunda and something like 140 people showed up. Incredible food, great company. Pretty fun time. The second night there was a slave-free-chocolate sedar led by the Associate Chaplain and head of Jewish Life. Every night during passover we had dinner in the Student Diversity Center, eating matzah pizza, chocolate, matzah brei and charoset.

Next up was Relay for Life. Relay for Life is an event to raise money to fight cancer where you (in teams) walk for 18 hours straight. Fun fact: Relay for Life (which 1 of every 100 Americans take part in) started on the Puget Sound track. That’s right! The very track where the event was held this year. Crazy. I was on a team with my floor (Harrington 3!) and walked for around 4 hours, trading off with other people. The Puget Sound Relay for Life has raised $31,000 for cancer research this year, with more to come!

This next week includes reading period and finals, but I hope to get one more post in before the end of the year. If I’m back here next year, I’ll be better about updating more consistently.

Be well and study hard for finals! Also, come visit the Media Center during finals and say hi. I’ll be waiting!

About ifox

English major (with a sub-focus in Writing, Rhetoric, and Culture) and Politics & Government and Religion minors. I'm President of Safe Men, co-President of Hillel, and an Interfaith Coordinator. I'm a fan of books and the Batman, and I enjoy long walks on the beach, satin sheets, and Belgian chocolates.
This entry was posted in Ian Fox '14. Bookmark the permalink.