Collins Library Links: Spring Research Services
The second half of the spring semester is upon us, and so, too, are the many research-based projects Puget Sound students have undertaken as part of their coursework. Collins Library staff wish to reach out with some reminders of the services and support we offer to students.
- Collins Library is hosting two Research Marathons, one on the evening of March 28, and the second on the evening of April 18. At each research marathon, peer research advisors and librarians are available to consult with students wherever they are in the research process. We’ve also observed participants share tips and experiences with each other, which is great for building community! Beverages and snacks are provided.
- Research Marathon #1: Monday, March 28, 6-10 pm, Library 146.
- Research Marathon #2: Monday, April 18, 6-10 pm, Library 146.
- The Library continues to offer multiple avenues for students to receive research guidance. For example, the liaison librarians make several hours a day, Monday through Friday, available for individual research consultations. These are opportunities for individual students to engage in dialogue with a professional librarian, try out various search techniques and discovery tools, discuss approaches to the evaluation of information sources, and in general to move their research projects forward. Please see research.pugetsound.edu/help for links to access all library research services.
- The Library is also a great place for study, reflection, and creativity.
- Sunday through Thursday, the Library is open until midnight.
- White boards are available on a first-come, first-use basis, and dry erase pens can be checked out at the circulation desk.
- Library 146 is used for peer research advising in the evenings, but is available the rest of time for students to book as a group study space. Two large monitors are available in the room where students can plug in their laptops. Reservations can be made for up to two hours at a time: https://pugetsound.libcal.com/space/116738.
- The Makerspace on the lower level offers drop-in hours: https://research.pugetsound.edu/makerspace.
Need Information? Don’t forget the Collins Memorial Library – Library Guides
Questions? Contact your liaison librarian
Comments: Contact Jane Carlin, library director
Remember – Your best search engine is a librarian!
Connect with us!