NETWORK : Campus VPN and Wi-Fi Maintenance-Sunday February 6, 5am-9am
REASON FOR IMPACT:
To ensure a secure, reliable computing environment TS will be implementing changes to the university VPN and updating firmware across the Wi-Fi network. VPN changes will be made to offer greater protection for remote users. When connected to vpn.pugetsound.edu, all traffic will now be encrypted. Previously, this was configured for traffic only to specific university resources. If you are working from home and connected to VPN, please note that you will not be able to connect to other devices on your home network (e.g. personal printers). Please contact the Service Desk if you have questions or visit the webpage for more info about the university VPN.
- Changing VPN tunnel type from partial to full.
- Updating Aruba Wireless controller and access point firmware
- Campus Wi-Fi and external access will be intermittent for short periods of time (approximately 15-30 minutes at a time) during the maintenance window.
- External access to services such as VPN (Global Protect), vDesk access, university hosted websites and university resources will be intermittent for short periods.
- Internal wired on-campus services such as phones, the data network and access to university resources will not be affected on campus
- Thank you for your patience as we conduct this important work.
- For more information on Technology Services’ Incident Communication Plan or to view a list of our Critical Systems and definitions, please visit our Service Announcements site.
For support questions please contact the TS Service Desk via phone at 253-879-8585.