This is an announcement from Technology Services (TS). Please see details below:
NETWORK: Phone outbound dialing issue
Wednesday – Thursday, November 23-24, 2020
REASON FOR IMPACT: We are currently experiencing a phone issue where outbound dialing is not working.
· Update (11/24: 01:14AM): Unfortunately our phone provider was not able to get the needed parts to repair their equipment. This means that outbound calls are still not functional at this time. Incoming calls are functioning normally and internal dialing is working as normal. The phone provider has not given us an ETA on when this will be resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone’s patience.
· Update (6:00PM): Outbound calls are still not possible due to this outage. We will continue to monitor this throughout the evening and will update when outbound calls start functioning.
· Update (3:44PM): The phone company has isolated the issue with some failed telecommunication equipment. They are in the process of replacing the equipment to restore services as quickly as possible.
· Update (12:25PM): Our phone provider is still working on this issue. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA on when this will be fixed.
· Update (10:40AM): Our main phone provider is experiencing a fiber outage that is affecting most of the south sound area. No ETA at this time.
· Internal calling is working normally (extension to extension)
· Inbound phone calls are working normally (external number to internal number)
· Outbound calling is failing (busy signal)
· No further information at this time
· For support questions please contact the TS Service Desk via phone at 253-879-8585.
For more information on Technology Services’ Incident Communication Plan or to view a list of our Critical Systems and definitions, please visit our Service Announcements site.