This spring, Collins Memorial Library and Backpacks of Hope are co-sponsoring Food for Fines. Pay off your library fines with food instead of cash, April 21st – May 11th. Donate to a worthy cause AND clean up your library debt at the same time. Bring in 1 can of food and we will waive $1.00 of your library fines (for returned items). That’s right! $1 per can! No limit!
Welcomed Items: Peanut Butter, Canned meats, Canned dinners, Canned vegetable & fruits, Dry beans & pastas, Stuffing mix
- One – 6 ounce can or larger = $1.00 of fines. (Unlimited waived)
- Canned food accepted for fines on returned items only, not for replacement fees of lost items.
- Bring cans to the Circulation Desk on the main floor of the library.
- Only non-perishable, un-dented, and labeled cans will be accepted. (Additional donations are welcome. Please, no jars/glass containers. Thank you.)
- All canned food will be donated to the St. Leo Food Connection.