Welcome to the Team!

By Jenni Chadick, Assistant Director of Residence Life

Yesterday was our first day in Residence Life getting to know our 2014-2014 staff team. Look at them – that’s a fine bunch I think!

The 2014-2015 Res Life Staff

The 2014-2015 Res Life Staff

This is a great time of year in the northwest – spring is on our doorstep marked by the daffodils and tulips blooming, the birds chirping, and daylight past 6pm. It’s a time of new beginnings and looking toward the future – yet knowing there is still some time before it’s truly summer BBQ weather. For Residence Life, this is our best time of year to reflect on the past year and make plans for the future. Welcoming our new staff is just step one, but it’s an important step.

As part of our welcome, we showed a few videos that even though I’ve watched several times still struck a chord.

Everyday Leadership – Drew Dudley TED Talk

(Not gonna lie – I tear up at around 3:23 as soon as “home” is mentioned)

Kid President’s Letter to Someone on Their First Day Here

(I mean really… who doesn’t love Kid President?!)

Videos are fun, yes, but I also think these ones in particular speak to a certain hopefulness we all have for the future. A future where we are kinder to one another (especially our loved ones), a future where we are the best version of ourselves, a future we know is possible just beyond the horizon. What’s neat about these videos and their popularity is that it’s a universal human desire to do better, to be better, and to create a community that cares. We can sometimes differ on how to get there, but there is something innately human at the core of these messages. Spring is the best time I think to hear these messages – when our world is full of new beginnings, when we are thinking about next steps, new relationships, new careers, new classes, new versions of ourselves (cue the Felicity theme here, New Version of You… R.I.P. classic J.J. Abrams and the best thing to ever happen on the WB). What inspires you most in the spring?

This entry was posted in 2014, Staff, Students and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Welcome to the Team!

1. Angelo says:

Superb post but I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more
    on this topic? I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further.
    Cheers!

2. I do agree with all of the ideas you’ve presented in your post. They’re really convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very short for novices. Could you please extend them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.

3. There are certainly remarkable improvements on the design of the site, I truly like it! My website is relating to writing agency and now there are plenty of things to be done, I am currently a novice in website design. Take care!

4. gratis lagu says:

You are totally correct and I understand you. When you want, we can also chat around free downloads mp3, a thing that fascinates me. Your site is definitely amazing, regards!

5. The organic fashion California clothing is environment-friendly and thus helps us preserve nature.
    You don’t want to limit yourself by not owning one.
    Fashion designers are people who conceptualize and create outfits that clothing companies will sell to
    consumers.

6. Hey, could you email me because im interested in talking about that article with you

7. Nice blog. Are you actually still writing?

8. Good post. I study one thing more challenging on totally different blogs everyday. It can all the time be stimulating to read content from other writers and follow slightly something from their store. I’d choose to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll provide you with a hyperlink in your net blog. Thanks for sharing.

9. There are some interesting closing dates in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There may be some validity but I will take maintain opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we would like more! Added to FeedBurner as effectively

10. Luggage MIA says:

Their aim is to make money, not providing
    facilities. This may be as simple as deciding whether, into the future, you will want
    to use a macro flash or a speedlite flash is as complex as you want to get.
    For this, you need to consider a number of factors like:.

11. I don’t normally comment but I gotta admit regards for the post on this one : D.

12. GIFY says:

It is really a great and useful piece of info. I am glad that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

13. Thanks , I have just been looking for information about this topic for a while and yours is the best I have found out till now. However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you certain in regards to the supply?

14. Throughout this grand pattern of things you actually get a B+ with regard to effort and hard work. Exactly where you actually lost me was first on your details. You know, people say, the devil is in the details… And it couldn’t be much more accurate here. Having said that, allow me say to you what did give good results. The writing is definitely extremely powerful which is probably the reason why I am taking an effort to comment. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Next, even though I can certainly notice the jumps in reason you make, I am not convinced of exactly how you seem to connect the details that help to make the actual final result. For the moment I will, no doubt subscribe to your position however trust in the near future you connect your facts better.

15. Gay Rabun says:

I discovered your weblog website on google and examine a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the excellent operate. I simply additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Looking for forward to reading extra from you in a while!…

16. I’m impressed, I must say. Actually hardly ever do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you might have hit the nail on the head. Your thought is outstanding; the problem is one thing that not sufficient people are talking intelligently about. I’m very glad that I stumbled across this in my search for one thing referring to this.

17. Can I just say what a reduction to find somebody who really is aware of what theyre talking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know easy methods to bring a problem to gentle and make it important. More individuals have to learn this and understand this aspect of the story. I cant believe youre no more well-liked since you positively have the gift.

18. There are some attention-grabbing points in time in this article however I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I’ll take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we wish extra! Added to FeedBurner as effectively

19. i am really impressed by this blog!

20. I believe this is one of the such a lot significant info for me. And i am glad reading your article. But want to statement on some normal issues, The web site style is great, the articles is actually great : D. Just right task, cheers

21. I am continuously browsing online for tips that can benefit me. Thank you!