This fall, Collins Memorial Library and the Emergency Food Network of Tacoma are co-sponsoring Food for Fines. Pay off your library fines with food instead of cash, November 28th – December 16th. Donate to a worthy cause AND clean up your library debt at the same time.
Bring in 1 can of food and we will waive $1.00 of your library fines (for returned items). That’s right! $1 per can! No limit!
- Peanut Butter
- Canned meats
- Canned dinners
- Canned vegetable & fruits
- Dry beans & pastas
- Stuffing mix
- Bring cans to the Circulation Desk on the main floor of the library.
- 4 ramen noodle packs = $1.00 of fines.
- One – 6 ounce can or larger = $1.00 of fines. (Unlimited waived)
- Canned food accepted for fines on returned items only, not for replacement fees of lost items.
- Only non-perishable, un-dented, and labeled cans will be accepted.
- Please, no jars/glass containers.
- Additional donations are welcome. Thank you.
- All canned food will be donated to the Emergency Food Network.