Starting Autumn off Right

Today was a really good day. Two of my three classes where cancelled, one of my professors for another class is gone for the whole week, and I woke up to a “package received” email from the mailroom! Because I have an awesome mom, my day was made even better–she sent me an autumn essentials care package!

Halloween candy, some sweet snacks, a cozy flannel button-down, and an adorable garland!

She new we needed soap in my suite...the perfect stuff for fall!

She knew we needed soap in my suite…the perfect stuff for fall!

Dried mangoes, macadamia nuts, and pumpkin poptarts. Yum!

All this stuff wasn’t even the best part. My dad recently went fishing (again, I know, he’s quite the fisherman) with some buddies in Mexico, and he came back with so much fish that they had to get a vacuum sealer to store it all. Mom thought this would be a good way to send baked goods to me…I present to you, vacuum brownies.

IMG_4048 IMG_4049

They ended up being delicious! But I just couldn’t pass up this hilarious opportunity to share.

Thing #97258 to look forward to in college: Care packages from your awesome parents!

This entry was posted in Maddie Peckenpaugh '16 and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.