Spotlight: People Making a Difference at Collins – Vanessa Corwin

My name is Vanessa Corwin, and I was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii. I’m a senior CSOC major with a minor in religion. I love anthropology and hopefully can pursue a career in it after graduation! Don’t ask me what I’m doing after graduation because I have no idea! I’m taking a year or two off before going to grad school, so I can figure out what I want to do, and take a break from school. I’m thinking of going into teaching or social work. I’m pretty excited to graduate so I have time to do things I enjoy such as reading, sleeping, hiking, going to the beach, hanging out, and eating all the food I can’t get in Washington. However, graduation is pretty bittersweet because I’m going to miss UPS and all the friends I’ve made up here!

I’ve worked at the library since my freshman year, cataloging and processing in the Resource Management Services room. I’ve probably processed thousands of books in the past four years. My job’s pretty awesome because I get to prepare and see the new books and DVDs that come in before everyone else. It has given me a chance to see what kinds of resources are available in the library, especially on subjects I’m not familiar with. Shout out to my supervisor Willow who keeps things exciting and teaches us all sorts of fun facts!

This entry was posted in Spotlight: People Making a Difference at Collins. Bookmark the permalink.