Spotlight: People Making a Difference at Collins – Anacristina Somarriba

My name is Anacristina Somarriba and I am a sophomore majoring in Business Leadership and French Language International Affairs from San Francisco. I will be studying abroad next spring in Dijon with 12 other UPS students. I am very excited because it has always been a dream of mine to study and live in France. I’m not sure what I want to do after graduation, as it is two years away, but I hope to find a job that I enjoy and am genuinely interested in. On my free time I like to read, listen to music, watch documentaries, hike, and travel (I am going to Greece this summer)!

I have been a cataloging assistant since my freshmen year and have processed countless books, movies, CDs, DVDs, and music scores. The best part of my job is working with amazing people such as my supervisor Willow, and my two other coworkers Vanessa and Holly. They keep the job fun and interesting. Working at the library also allows me to relax and forget, for a moment, all of my schoolwork.

I will miss seniors Vanessa and Holly because they’ve been great to work with. I am so glad that I’ve met them. I look forward to working in the RMS department again in the fall with new coworkers!

This entry was posted in Spotlight: People Making a Difference at Collins. Bookmark the permalink.