Velma Bolyard is a fiber, paper and book artist working with mostly locally gathered materials for textile, paper, and book making. She recently retired from 25 years of teaching special education in alternative public school settings. Her passion is to make art that explores environment and the connection to place, and teach others technique to inspire them to push their own work. Currently she is exploring the properties and personality of flax/linen and milkweed and is working on a larger project, Hortus Siccus about plants and place. She writes a blog, Wake Robin about her work and life. Velma will discuss her work as a papermaker and artist and share examples of her work.
- Collins Library Links: Updates from Collins Library: New Resources, Streaming Media and Research Marathons
- New display in Collins Memorial Library: Postcards for Perec
- Collins Library recognizes Native American Heritage Month
- VOTE! Stop by the Collins Library and pick up a VOTE bookmark printed in the Makerspace
- Collins Library Links: October is National Archives Month Spotlight on the University Archives