Me and the Beards

It’s Thanksgiving break! This turkey season, I spent a day in Seattle with my bearded bros (hence the title, it only seemed appropriate). Took some awesome pictures, and little bit of video that I hope to put into a movie soon! While I figure out how to work Adobe Premiere, I thought I’d share some of the photos I took.

This was the first time I’ve been to Pike Place Market when everything was open, and since it’s the holiday season, the place was even busier than usual!

This was also the first time I visited the famous Beecher’s, and had their world-famous mac n’ cheese. (My reaction to which was caught on camera by a friend, expect that in the video!)

The bros (Kevin Kates '14, Michael Mulay '15, Dylan Dolin '16) checkin' out the menu at Beecher's.

The bros (Kevin Kates ’14, Michael Mulay ’15, Dylan Dolin ’16) checkin’ out the menu at Beecher’s.

We also made a stop in one of my favorite comic book stores, where they sell all sorts of nerdy merchandise.

Adventure Time cups!

Adventure Time cups!

Just hanging with Ron Burgundy.

Just hanging with Ron Burgundy.

In visiting all sorts of interesting little shops in and around Pike, we came across some interesting stuff. For instance, I seriously think one of the guys should have bought this belt buckle.

Finally, we went to nearby Seattle University to see a friend of mine in Thornton Wilder’s play, Our Town. I ended up running into his parents at the show as well, and they took a quick picture of us. I didn’t tell him I was coming to see the show, so he was pretty pleasantly surprised! It’s a good feeling, bringing flowers to a friend!

dane

Dane and I after the show!

It was lovely excursion away from campus, and great way to kick off Thanksgiving break!

This entry was posted in Maddie Peckenpaugh '16 and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Me and the Beards

1. Very awesome article, I certainly love your blog, keep on it!

2. I enjoyed every little bit of it and I have favorited your website.