Digital Thinking

As I told you guys before, I’m currently enrolled in a Digital Imaging class this semester, and we just finished our first project. Using Photoshop to create a digital drawing/painting, each student produced a piece depicting the relationship we have with technology in our world today. Some of them were pretty cynical, while others chose an outlook in support of our technology driven world. I was so impressed by all the work produced by the other students, as many of them chose not to use a tablet and created some awesome artwork using only the mouse. Some students took on an ambitiously realistic analog painting style, while others (like yours truly) went for a more simple cartoon-like style.

Here’s a few examples of the varying and thought-provoking works from some of the talented students in my class!

A humorous piece done by Dylan Harrington '14 titled "Abduction." Can you find the cleverly hidden Macklemore quote?

My own piece, depicting the friends one can only make through the imagination of video games!

This piece by Robin Wilson '14 titled "iSon of Man" takes an ironic twist in playing off of the famous "Son of Man" painting by René Magritte.

A pop-art inspired piece done by Dylan Harvey '15 featuring a reclining figure reminiscent of Marilyn Monroe.

This entry was posted in Maddie Peckenpaugh '16 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.