Turning it Down…For Now

I’m writing at 1:40 in the am from the KUPS booth here in the SUB. Andrea and I are playing our last show for the fall semester, and the feelings are a bit mixed right now. We’re both tired, but by how hard it was to pick songs for tonight, I know that we’re excited for a possible come back next semester.

We’re playing a sort of “Greatest Hits”, using our first show as the framework, which we both agree was one of our best shows this term. We played veterans like Salt N Pepa, Lauryn Hill, and Missy Elliot, and newbies like Azealia Banks, Le1f, and Gavlyn. But I can’t forget to mention our last song, Forrest Gump by Frank Ocean. We made a tradition of playing his soft, soulful voice at the very end of every show as a nice way to sign off. We chose this specific song because our house loves it and for weeks we would sing it over and over.

Right before we signed on, our good friends Jordan and Travis signed off for the semester, who also had a hip hop show. And as with every other show we’ve done, we gave each other shout outs and then danced for a while together in the booth until the boys called it quits for the night.

It’s been a great first semester here on Tacoma 90.1 The Sound and I’m planning on being part of the crew next semester, so watch out for that!

Keep it locked!

Travis "MC Fresher" Shetter, Jordan "DJ Dolemite" Moeller, Andrea "DJ Beanie Baby" and Me, Olivia "DJ OCP" Perry, all '15 between our final shows

This entry was posted in 2012-13, Olivia Perry '15 and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.