“Keep it Locked”

The school’s radio station, KUPS 90.1 FM The Sound, started its fall semester shows!

I have the pleasure of being a hip-hop DJ with one of my housemates, an awesome sublet of this impressive student run radio station! We are doing a Female/LGBT friendly hip hop show! To get a better understanding of it, here is the site’s description:

KUPS 90.1 FM Tacoma The Sound is a non-commercial, educational radio station licensed to the Board of Trustees of the University of Puget Sound and operated by the Associated Students of the University of Puget Sound (ASUPS).

KUPS is 100% student-run and broadcasts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, serving the greater Tacoma area with programming in a variety of genres including Alternative, Loud Rock, Hip-Hop, and Electronic, as well as an assortment of other musical genres during the loosely named ‘commuter hours’ (6-8 am and 6-8 pm).

kups.ups.edu

KUPS DJs become a community, which is something that music lovers should consider when thinking of becoming involved around campus.

My friend, Travis "MC Fresher" Shetter, '15, and I at his hip hop show last year

This is my first semester with KUPS, but a lot of my friends had shows last year and it was so fun! I sometimes got to watch them at work or listen to them in my dorm, which is great. It streams live from the website, where you can get more info!

Andrea "DJ Beanie Baby" Eaton, '15, and I, Olivia "DJ OCP" Perry at our first radio show together!

For you music lovers who are interested in female and LGBT rappers, here are some of the songs we played last Tuesday:

Shoop-Salt N Peppa

Jumanji-Azealia Banks

Doo Wop (That Thing)- Lauryn Hill

blah blah blah- denitia and sene

One Kid (feat. Nicki Minaj, Sleigh Bells, Swedish House Mafia)-Diplo

&Gomorrah-Le1f

88-Cadence Weapon (Prod. by Grimes)

Sunshowers-M.I.A

551-Dessa

Forest Gump-Frank Ocean

You should listen in! Just go to the website and stream shows live!

This entry was posted in Olivia Perry '15 and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.