21 in Tacoma

Making the post a bit late, but I turned 21 in January! I spent the night celebrating with some friends around Seattle and Tacoma. First, dinner in Seattle at Pacific Cafe – Hong Kong Kitchen (my favorite hole-in-the-wall noodle place)!

(google search for my order from the cafe because it was so delicious I forgot to take a picture)

After dinner, we went to the Asian market down the street. My buddy Michael Mulay’16 found a Laotian beer he’d been looking for, while conveniently wearing his matching shirt.Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

On the eve of my 21st, we headed to Marrow, a classy little bar close to campus where they serve a drink with actual bone marrow in it! I stuck with a White Russian for my first legal drink, however.

Look Ma, I'm an adult!

Look Ma, I’m an adult!

Also conveniently matching, I bought my first beer! From a California brewery, good ol’ Sierra Nevada. 10915217_10152964470847778_2464086804780844726_n

Since birthdays in college never last only one day, I also got to go wine tasting at the local 21 Cellars just a few blocks off campus with my boyfriend Kyle Dybdal’15 and our friend and TCM intern, Eli Nicholes.

The charming little cellar

The charming little cellar

Eli and Kyle!

Eli and Kyle!

Chatting with sommelier and Puget Sound student, Danny Laesch

Cheers! ;)

Cheers! 😉

All in all, it was a lovely and classy birthday weekend. Couldn’t have asked for more a more wonderful place to celebrate my 21st, or more wonderful people.