Malwarebytes Antimalware Enterprise (MBAM or MBAMEE) is a malware and antivirus scanner. Our licensed installation is on all campus Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines as a post-configuration step of the imaging process. It is set to update automatically, scan weekly, and to be hidden from the “All Programs” portion of the Start Menu. It can be managed from the user’s computer, or from the Malwarebytes Managed Console (MMC).
- Navigate to \\wnap22\MBAMEE and authenticate using your Puget Sound credentials.
- Open the newest “Client Package” folder.
- Right click on “ClientSetup.exe” and run as administrator.
- Advance through the installation wizard, using all of the default settings.
How to check that it is running and has run a scan recently.
How to review and clear out quarantined items.
If you launch mbam.exe, there’s a “Quarantine” tab.
How to run a scan.
- Click on the start menu
- Type “mbam.exe” in the search bar
- Select “Perform full scan”
- Use the default settings and hit “Scan”
- Wait…for a few hours…
- If items are detected, save a .txt file of the log (to add to the ticket) and clear out the detected items
How to use the Malwarebytes Management Console (for FTE)
Once in the console
- Right click on the computer
- Update client(s) database now
- Run full scan now