Surreal

Is how I feel right now with heavy eyelids and my fifth cup of Kaffe in my hand starring out the window on a snowy winter Denmark. I still can’t believe I’m here, across the Atlantic, on a different continent, in sub 0 deg temps (okay I can believe that much).  Studying abroad is a mixed bag of emotions not unlike a moody hormonal teenager. Initially an it’s an exciting pipe dream, then gloom in the realization that I’ll be missing my friends, missing all the happenings at school and missing all the seniors I’ve grown close to, graduate.  Later it becomes salvation, an aspiration and promise of escape from the routine and dull. Finally as time grows closer to departure, it becomes a burden of preparations.  Now I’m here. Settling in a cozy Danish house with snow lightly falling on the lake in the backyard, its serene and I’m surprised how comfortable, calm and at home I feel already. I’ve just begun realize just how much I’ve wanted to take this adventure despite the past months of highs and lows. Maybe its the jetlag wooziness…I AM a walking zombie. Falling asleep is literally a hazard.

My morning commute

My cozy Danish room

This entry was posted in Daniel Lim '14, Denmark. Bookmark the permalink.