A Week of Blogging: Post 4 of 7

Hey everyone – if you’re just checking in, I’ve decided this week to post a blog a day in the spirit of capturing day-to-day life at Puget Sound. Check out my daily posts here – there will be one a day until at least next Sunday. Enjoy!

I got so busy today that I almost forgot about my week of blogging project, so here I am at 9:30 at night taking a break to write my post de jûre!

Today marks the halfway point in my week o’ blogging project. It’s been a fast week of blogging, too – it doesn’t feel halfway over yet. This blogging milestone brings to mind another halfway point drawing near. My second year of college is almost at a close, and in three weeks I will be halfway through college. It’s crazy to think that I’ve been here two years, and next year I’ll be an upperclassmen. But long-term musings aside, I’ve got more pressing concerns in the short-term: I’m barely half done with work for the week!

It’s been quite a day, too – most of my week it seems was concentrated in today. I had all four classes, plus a meeting with a professor who works at the Writing Center to discuss our liaison program where writing advisors go into freshman seminar classes to help work with students on writing, plus a meeting with a computer science professor on their research. In addition, I submitted a proposal to attend the National Conference on Peer Tutoring and Writing with another writing advisor. We had a really productive meeting Monday, put the finishing touches on our proposal today, and sent it off. I also put together a grant proposal to apply for funding to attend the conference and sent that in, too.

Now that that’s done, I’m working on a scholarship that involves designing an iPhone app (in one week!). If I get it, I’ll receive funding to attend another conference in June! More on that tomorrow when I send in the application.

And to top it off, I also had a great conversation with a friend about (surprise!) going to conferences.

Well, I can’t complain – the sun was out, and I was lucky enough to have two meetings out in the sun (at the same exact spot). All in all, it was a great and productive day. I’ll have a little time to catch up on things tomorrow – mostly some last minute homework before next week, which will include the last day of classes and the start of reading period! Crazy – I can’t believe the last day of classes is here. I’m not really ready, but I’m excited for all the departmental celebrations that will happen next week, and for summer, which is just a few weeks away now!

That’s all for now! Check in tomorrow for some details on the app when it’s finished!

This entry was posted in 2012-13, Billy Rathje '15 and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.