fall days

Hello, everyone!

I haven’t updated this in a while, but that probably reveals as much about college life than anything I could write! Busy busy busy.

It’s starting to turn quite cold and the ground is covered with golden leaves. I try, despite all my hurrying back and forth all over campus, to stop and appreciate the beauty of fall.  The season surrounds us in a completely different way here than where I’m from in California, and although I detest the cold (I walked out of class yesterday at 3:30 and could see my breath!) I am always somewhat in awe of the way the season’s change is manifested in the trees.

So my life for the last few weeks has mainly been RDG, classes, RDG, tours, RDG and my friends. And maybe some more RDG. The show is exactly two weeks from today, which is a scary though, but everything always comes together and I have confidence in my dancers. 🙂 I’m really pleased with how my dance is coming so far, and of course the other dances I’m in are really fun and going well. Classes are still going well, as before, and my friends and I have spent plenty of evenings pretending to study in the SUB while laughing like crazy. So everything has been normal, but next week marks the start of the most hectic two weeks I’ve had here yet! I have two exams, and then on Friday, my best friend from home, Haley, is coming to visit! I don’t know if I’ve really gone over this, but one of my best friends from high school came to Puget Sound also, so it is even better since she is here as well and we are all part of the same group of friends at home. So Amber and I are eagerly awaiting Haley’s arrival. We’ll show her around Puget Sound and she can get to know our friends here. On Sunday, it’s one of our friend’s 20th birthday, and my 19th birthday is on that Thursday, so we’re going to go out to dinner on Sunday. Monday is the beginning of tech week for RDG, but I’m missing it to go to see A Fine Frenzy in concert in Seattle with Haley and Amber. I feel bad about missing, but we already had the tickets, and A Fine Frenzy will be amazing! Then the rest of the week is hectic tech week business and getting ready for the show, and hopefully I’ll find time to do something for my birthday on Thursday. Haley will leave on Wednesday, and the show is Friday and Saturday! Saturday morning my mom is flying in and she’ll stay until Monday, which i am SO excited about– she called me a couple weeks ago and surprised me with the news that she’d be able to come see the show!

So, as usual, my life is jam-packed, but in a very good way! As I was discussing with one of my lunch tours yesterday, college is what you make of it, and unless you get involved with things you’re passionate about, it won’t be anywhere near as enjoyable as it should be.

And so now I’m going to go do some Spanish homework….

This entry was posted in Justine McDaniel '12. Bookmark the permalink.