a long week

It’s only eight o’clock and I feel like it’s ten. Today was my only day this week I didn’t have an activity or meeting after classes are out, and let me tell you, that break was greatly needed. This week seems to be hard for everybody. I’m so tired and trying to fight off a cold. My first econ exam is tomorrow so I’m at my best friend’s house stuyding right now but it doesn’t really seem like there’s much left for me to study, so I’m feeling pretty goo about it. Hopefully I can make it an early night and be well-rested for the test tomorrow. This week is going by so slowly! I want it to be over. I’m so tired, i’m getting impatient. I’ve been researching study abroad a lot and have pretty definitely decided that I’m going to University College London first semester next year through direct enrollment in the university which is, obviously, in London, and second semester I’m going to Dijon, France through Puget Sound’s program. I just want to go now!

Going along those lines, I suppose the other biggest thing that has happened in my life lately (I haven’t written in a couple weeks because I’ve been SO busy with everything– LITERALLY not a spare moment) is that I’m probably going to change my major from Foreign Language and International Affairs with Spanish as my language to having French as my language, and minoring in Spanish instead of French. I’m meeting with my French teacher soon to talk about it but hopefully it will all work out.

My grandparents will be visiting next weekend and I’m really excited! They’ve never been here before, and it will be nice to show them around. Tomorrow is my mom and grandma’s birthdays (yep, my grandma had my mom on her own birthday) and my grandparents will be visiting my parents before heading up here. I still find it weird when my family and friends have birthdays when I’m away– I wish I could be there!

I’m going to go finish up my studying now and head back to my room for a shower and perhaps some coloring– one of my best friends from home sent me a hilarious Harry Potter coloring book, and I’m finding it quite relaxing to spend part of my evening bringing life to outlines of Harry, Ron and Hermione. 😉 Good night!

This entry was posted in Justine McDaniel '12. Bookmark the permalink.