PeopleSoft HR Module Goes Live!
The new Human Resources module in PeopleSoft went live this week! Special thanks to those involved in this major accomplishment, including colleagues in Accounting and Budget Services, Business Services, Career and Employment Services, Human Resources, and Technology Services. A number of these folks worked during the winter break closure to make this happen, and their dedication is appreciated greatly!
Sherry Mondou, vice president for finance and administration, has sent faculty and staff an email message detailing what they need to know and do as part of this transition. Key points include:
- PeopleSoft Human Resources has replaced the Kronos timekeeping system for staff and the Student Employment Time Entry (SETE) system for student staff. Reporting and approving staff and student staff time will now be done in PeopleSoft Human Resources, which can be accessed through the Cascade menu. Also, student staff are now on the same semi-monthly payroll as faculty and staff.
- It is important to get trained on how to enter time and, if a supervisor, how to approve time in the new system. Register for a training session and see the training handouts on the Optimize Training site (requires Puget Sound login).
- It is critical to meet timesheet deadlines. For the current pay period, these are January 7 for submission by staff and student staff and January 8 for approval by supervisors.
- Expect to see changes under Your Employment Information in Cascade. Most of the items there will be removed soon (eventually such information will be accessible through PeopleSoft). Note that Form W-2 wage and tax statements will remain available there for some time.
- Please contact the Technology Service Desk at 253.879.8585 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues. Since the implementation team is still very busy with configuration and other issues, please do not contact Career and Employment Services, Human Resources, or Payroll directly with PeopleSoft questions. The Service Desk will be very glad to assist or get the answer you need.
The patience and support of the campus community is very much appreciated at this time!