By Danielle Manning, CES Career Advisor

“…sometimes I like to close my eyes, and imagine what it’ll be like when summer does come. Bees’ll buzz, kids will blow dandelion fuzz and I’ll be doing whatever snow does in summer. A drink in my hand, my snow up against the burning sand, probably getting gorgeously tanned in summer…”
Olaf the snowman from Disney’s Frozen

OlafWith the Puget Sound academic year drawing to a close in mid-May—while other colleges are still prepping for finals—summertime arrives early for Loggers.

Take advantage of your head start before the summer temperatures and job-hunting markets begin to sizzle!

No need to lose your cool or have a melt down. CES is open all summer long* to assist with your mock interview, cover letter, and resume refreshers. We’re happy to consult with you in-person or long-distance.

Want your career development to snowball this summer? Consider a road trip to connect with Logger-friendly professionals! Project Hometown is heating up with West Coast locals who are excited to meet Logger students and 2014 grads—to help you expand your job and internship opportunities. If you plan to take advantage of this red-hot opportunity, please register today.

And as always, don’t forget to dive into the pool of exclusive CES resources that includes: LoggerJobs, InternshipLink, Alumni Sharing Knowledge (ASK) Network, Career Cruising and more.

Have a wonderful, non-melty summer!

“Oh, the sky will be blue, and you guys (the CES team and Loggers) will be there too, when I finally do what frozen things do in summer!”

*CES remains open throughout the summer, Monday-Friday, with occasional exceptions for holidays or staff training. Call 253.879.3161 for updates about closures or to schedule an appointment.

© 2014 Career and Employment Services, University of Puget Sound
Photo: Kris Hay