Spring Spring Spring! Part I

It’s spring semester and everything has been going a million miles an hour! Having it be the second semester of my junior year is very exciting but also nerve wracking because I have to leave so soon. But I will enjoy it while it lasts, which I have been doing thus far! Let me start from the beginning.

After spending a month with my family it was time to come back to Puget Sound to my house and my roommates and my rabbit, Louis.

The Sound

The Sound

Dinner at Trappers on 6th with my housemates, Lexi, Andrea, Chloe and Bianca

Louis

Louis

After being in Tacoma for a couple of weeks it was time to say bye to a few friends who were off to go abroad. Josie went to Prague, Alex went to Tanzania, and Lauren, my freshman year roommate, is in China. I’ve been able to see a ton of pictures from their trips so far and briefly talked to them through social media and they seem to be having great times while learning a lot!

Josie

Josie, me, and Andrea

Alex and I saying bye during break in California

Lauren and I the first time we met and one of the last times we hung out before she left

But after the sad goodbyes, it was time to have a very interesting few months in Tacoma and Washington. We had a night of heavy snow that lasted one weekend

1897724_10203489598303276_1831864404_n I performed in Eve Ensler’s The Vagina Monologues for the first time. It was such a great experience working with such passionate and talented women! The show is always Valentine’s Day weekend and is two nights every year, so if you’re in Tacoma or are a Logger, definitely see it!

Part of the cast at my house where Andrea, who was a director, hosted a brunch and passed out sweatshirts

My friend Riley and I backstage on the first night waiting for the show to start

Me performing my monologue, "The Vagina Workshop" on the second and final night. Picture taken by Jeanne-Marie Joubert '15

Me performing my monologue, “The Vagina Workshop” on the second and final night. Picture taken by Jeanne-Marie Joubert ’15

After the first performance of The Vagina Monologues, we went to the new 24 hour Mexican restaurant called Memos on 6th Ave. Let me tell you, we also went the next night. If you ever go (which you should because it’s affordable, the people who work there are very nice, and it’s delicious!) I suggest the Washington Burrito. It is like a Carne Asada Burrito with potatoes in it, and if you feel fancy and careless, you should add sour cream and guacamole to make it that much better! We have been about 5 times in the last month…

Me, Bianca, Paige, Lexi, and Andrea waiting for out burritos

I have also had the great luck that my housemates Andrea and Chloe are employed by our radio station KUPS 90.1 Tacoma The Sound, allowing me to participate in events sponsored by the station. Andrea is in charge of the Street Team, who is in charge of making flyers, buttons, design lighters, and now candles to sell while promoting KUPS in the SUB and also the publication of KUPS’s new music zine, The Stump. Andrea has done a great job to make being a part of the team fun, by hosting the meetings with snacks, potluck brunches, pizza parties, and craft days to make merchandise.

Andrea and her show co-host Molly in the booth on a Tuesday at 1 pm. They also have a show Wednesday at 4 pm.

Some of the Street Team at the brunch

Some of the Street Team at the brunch

I started serving in the Diner, which has been interesting. Everyone is very nice which makes the job not very hard. I never thought I wanted to work there, but I love it now!

Me serving baked ziti at the Italian station. Picture by Matt Schultz '16

Me serving baked ziti at the Italian station. Picture by Matt Schultz ’16

So far, it has been a semester full of studying, trips to Seattle, and appreciating the environment in which I live. Part II will be published after spring break! Stay tuned!

College study snacks

College study snacks

Spring is here!

Spring is here!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.